Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving... I think?

First of all Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! Unfortunately, I am spending my first Thanksgiving away from my friends and family. Here in the Dominican Republic, it certainly does not feel like a holiday as Thanksgiving is not a recognized holiday here. So, classes and life on the island went on as usual. This experience has reminded me how truly blessed I am. I'm thankful for my parents and all they have done to get me here. I'm thankful for amazing friends that have had my back through good and bad. Most importantly, I am thankful to the man above who has allowed for all that good and bad to happen. I have been doing a lot of complaining lately but today I am just going to say thanks. I'm getting together with classmates for a nice dinner later tonight so we will have an improve Thanksgiving dinner. Well on the school front, I had an exam yesterday and it went well. It had a few surprises but nonetheless I survived. Have I mentioned that I'm going home on December 12? Well just in case I'M GOING HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment